Saturday 11 February 2006

Poem - Unknown Journey

I do not know where it will end, this journey I am on.
I only know that it will end just as it has begun.

I do not know what lies ahead or which path I should choose.
I only know some times I'll win and some times I will lose.

I do not know whom I will meet, who will affect my way.
I only know how I react to those I know today.

I do not know what each day brings when rising up at dawn.
I only know of yesterday and it's already gone.

I do not know what thoughts will come when pondering my fate.
I only know of memories and those you can't escape.

I do not know if all my plans will work out for the best.
I only know to make them now and time will be the test.

I do not know if all my dreams will ever come to me.
I only know you strive for them and what will be--will be.

I do not know whom I will love or love me in return.
I only know that I will love and love is what I yearn.

I do not know whom I will need when troubled unaware.
I only know that I will want someone to come and care.

I do not know how I can help if one is in distress.
I only know I will be there to try to do my best.

I do not know who'll come to me and need a helping hand.
I only know how I respond will measure who I am.

I do not know whose life I'll touch, how affected they will be.
I only know the ones I meet will also affect me.

I do not know the time that's left, I do not have a hint.
I only know the time I've had and that's already spent.

I do not know the distance or how long my trip will last.
I only know to forge ahead and not live in the past.

I do not know within myself if there will be tomorrow.
I only know I have today and even it is borrowed.

I do not know what they will say when my journey's through.
I only know there will be some who say, "oh, him, we knew."

I do not know who else will know when my journey's done.
I only know there will be some that know I've come and gone.

I do not know if some will mourn when at my journey's end.
I only know that on this trip I tried to be a friend.

I do not know what road you're on as you travel on your way.
I only know that it will end and it could be today.

I do not know where it will end this journey that I'm on.
I only know that it will end just as it has begun.

Unknown Journey © 1998 James A. Kisner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...