Monday 31 July 2006

J Parslow - Banjo Maker


The Parslow family of Kingston upon Thames appears in my family history. Ebay have a very nifty facility where it will send you an email when something of a given name is listed. The photos of this wonderful Banjo appeared on Ebay recently. This banjo was handmade at the end of the 19th Century by James Parslow 1850-1920.

There are other photos on my Flickr album, including one of the stamp from shop in Hammersmith where this Banjo was sold. By looking at a trade directory for London to see when this shop was trading we can get an idea of when it was sold.

2 comments:

  1. How much do parslow normally go for I have one Iam looking to sell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul, I would have no idea how much they are worth. One sold on eBay a few years ago for a couple of hundred. I am no expert though. My Great Great Uncle was Joseph Parslow

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...