Saturday 1 July 2006

The UnConvention

Bookcrossing UK Unconvention, Birmingham, 30 June to 2 July 2006 - I was there!!
Logo is courtesy of
GothMarcus.

The UnConvention was held next door to the Apres Bar, at the Mechu Louge. It was nice, spacious, but incrediably hot, and also a little dark. In fact, I don't recall a time I have ever felt so hot, as when I carried the goody bag inserts from weeblys car upto the lounge.......

The day was great, it has taken the best part of a year to plan this and the four of us on the committee, Vikki, Liz, Michelle and myself, had not been in the same room together until the day of the UnConvention. Three cheers to the internet and email!

There was the two author talks, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, the tomola, raffle and a much chattering and swapping of books. It was a lovely day. I won two things on the tombola and was presented with a bottle of Champagne for helping to organise the UnCon.

The NSS pressies were exchanged. I had done two for the UnConvention , and Stuart had done one. I also did one for the BCUK mailing list NSSSS pressie. I am blown away, by the generosity and thought that everyone has shown me via their presents. I love these NSS pressies, I love the thinking of what to buy my recipiant and shopping for the items. Its a way of giving something back to something that gives us lots of pleasure......the world of Book Crossing is more than books, it is a whole community and is one of the most friendly.

In the evening, after all the packing up was done and we were suitably refreshed andrested, a group of us headed off for a meal at the Big Wok

A full set of UnConvention photos are online at the AnglersRest Flickr album.

Thanks to everyone who made this a very enjoyable weekend. It was lovely to meet everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...