Friday 7 October 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Wk 34 - Smells


Week 34: Smells. Describe any smells that take you back to childhood. These could be from meals, fragrant gardens, musty basements, or something entirely different.
This challenge runs from Saturday, August 20, 2011 through Friday, August 26, 2011.

This is a late post; life has been busy!

The most wonderful smell has to be the smell of jacket potato baking in the oven. Even now when I smell that familiar smell I am plunged back into the Saturday's of my childhood, with my Grandmother grating a huge block of cheese and a super big jacket potato.

For me, that was a real treat. Now, with the invention of a microwave and the capability of having a jacket potato cooked within minutes it has lots its specialness, but regardless, I always cook mine in the oven, and hang the costs and time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...