Monday 24 October 2011

Sunday Salon - Grumblings within the sound of the bells


I love listening to the sound of the bells at the local church being rung. Monday, yes, I am late writing my Sunday Salon post, is bell ringing night. Such a peaceful sound. I am fed up and grumpy. I have just had two weeks on holiday. On the second week I managed to finally fall to the niggling back pain and sciatica of the last 6 months. So, on a week when I could have read lots and lots, I spent the time laying or sitting on the settee and watching an endless supply of recorded programs courtesy of Sky+.

This morning faring no better I was off to the Doctors, who diagnosed, assisted me onto and off the examination couch, and presented me with a prescription, a physiotherapist referral note and a medical certificate along with the instructions of "plenty of rest". So, I am fairly fed up. The pain killers make me groggy and tetchy. Meanwhile, the old grey cells are whirling with work related chores which tends to lead to frustration which in turn makes me turn into a female Victor Meldrew. (I do miss One Foot in the Grave!)

Anyway, our holiday was lovely. The Autumn heatwave that hit England during the month of September with promise of lasting until October didn't quite last until my holiday and my repeat visit to Jersey. I don't know why I thought it would, but I did live in hope and packed few clothes which covered all eventualities, wet, windy, cold and sunny. Impressive, for someone who wasn't a girl guide.

We had a great week in Jersey, visited a few Jersey Heritage sites, did a little shopping, took in some scenery and I celebrated another birthday. We stumbled across an interesting park in Jersey and I even purchased a few books. I shall continue writing about Jersey on the blog over the coming weeks.


I also came home to a book for review.


So, that is that in a nutshell. I have turned into a laying down, reading grump who is spending time drinking tea and watching too much television. I promise to at least try to be more cheerful for next week!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better, nothing worse than constant pain. Yes, September was lovely, now back to reality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carole Anne. Yes we are back to reality and it would appear that Winter is well and truly on its way.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...