Saturday 3 March 2012

Fearless Females 2012 - Day 3

March 3 — Do you share a first name with one of your female ancestors? Perhaps you were named for your great-grandmother, or your name follows a particular naming pattern. If not, then list the most unique or unusual female first name you’ve come across in your family tree.

Last year I talked about an ancestor, my Great x 3 Grandmother, Prudence Budd and that her name had been carried down through the family. Which I think is a lovely honour. Certainly if we had, had children we would have used family names, although, I am not sure Prudence would have been the one; my husband might have taken considerable persuading!

I also shared an unusual name of Bethsheba, which occurs on my Grandmother's paternal line. On my Grandmother's maternal line I have come across the lovely name of Emaline. Emaline was my Grandmother's Great Grandmother. Born in 1797 in the Sussex parish of Lurgershall. Emaline married in 1815 at Lurgershall to Edward Denyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...