Tuesday 1 May 2012

100 Word Challenge - Week 40

Joining the weekly 100 words challenge for Grown ups. This week the prompt is to use the following prompt, 

RUBY

He was at the table, hoping that she would soon arrive; he was not very good at being patient. The item sat in his pocket, and it was all he could do to not take it out and have another look at it, all red and twinkly. Eventually she arrived and he was overwhelmed at her beauty. As she approached the table he stood and gently kissed her cheek. Sitting back down their fingers gently touched as they looked at each other.  

He reached into his pocket and removed the box. Slowly opening it he placed it on the table and said 

will you”?

Taking part in the 100 word Challenge for Grown Ups – Week #40

8 comments:

  1. I wonder if she said yes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she did. Gentle piece with believable characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, how romantic. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:42 am

    "Yes, I will." The end.

    "No! You're a cheat and a liar. How dare you assume you can win me over with this red bauble."

    Hmm. Which one do I want? I suppose it depends on what came before. ~Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh lovely, I hope she did. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:08 am

    Very romantic, love the impatience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love his nervousness aswell. Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I do hope she says Yes! So romantic. Thank you for sharing on 100WCGU!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...