Friday 4 May 2012

Postcard Friendship Friday - Singapore & Furama Hotel


A few weeks ago, a friend sent me this postcard from Singapore. She recalled that I had mentioned at around 20 years ago I had stayed at the Furama Hotel which is depicted in this postcard and so she sent to me in the hope that it triggered a nice memory.

It did trigger a lovely memory. As I recall I was allocated a room on the 17th floor. As I checked in, I was invited to a free Singapore Sling in the bar, which was served in a china vessel in the shape of the hotel. I still have mine and it is currently located on the bathroom window ledge!

A quick Google revealed that there are now two Furama's in Singapore. HERE is where I stayed.

Submitted as part of Postcard Friendship Friday hosted by The Best Hearts are Crunchy 


2 comments:

  1. I stayed at the home of a member of the British Club with the family I travelled with as a nanny. Loved Singapore and learned a lot about it from their amah (can't quite remember the term for their houskeeper), including how to make Singapore noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Nice memories for you. I like the *multi-view* cards. Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...