Wednesday 25 July 2012

Library Loot - 23rd July


My book group met on Monday, so I tied this is with a trip to the library to return one of the books I read last week and renew a book that I have had at home for far too long.

As always I could not resist looking at the shelves and left with a few books.



Butterfly soup by Jan MarshThe Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by…Riptide Volume 7 (Riptide Journal) by Bill…

The book we discussed was Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut, which I did not enjoy. You can read my review HERE. For me the mix of genres didn't work and from the discussions around the table only one of the group enjoyed it.

The next book for the group was issued, so I shall see what that is all about over the coming weeks.

The Midwich Cuckoos by John Wyndham

Taking part in Library Loot and you can read the details HERE

1 comment:

  1. I hope you enjoy Lemon Cake as much as I did. Such a neat idea for a story!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...