Tuesday 10 July 2012

A Murder in Harlem by G.Miki Hayden

A short story of a couple from Ghana who live in Harlem. The husband then sends for a second wife, who the couple pass off as their daughter. Then the man who lives in the flat below them is brutally murdered.

The wife immediately suspects her husband and the co-wife as neither of them were home. They are interviewed by the police and the wife protects the husband and co-wife by informing them they do not speak English.

The storyline develops and the wife manages to cobble together an alibi for the family.

The story was good as a short story and I felt that it could have been developed further, although I have established that this is part of a collection of short stories involving the central characters. I would probably read the rest of the series, but can not say that I would go out of way to do so!

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine suspecting my husband and daughter/co-wife/visitor of being murderers just because they weren't home. yikes!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...