Sunday 15 July 2012

Sunday Salon - Reviews, writing and further ponderings....

Over the last week I have been catching up with writing up my book reviews.

The Twitter Diaries by Imogen Lloyd Webber and Georgie Thompson is the story of friendship that forms across the Atlantic and consists of the 140 words permitted by Twitter.


A Postcard from Umbria by Damaris West was next and is the realistic view of moving from the UK to Umbria and building a new life there.




Poetry is Dead, Living is Not by Jay Hobbs
is a collection of poetry, both in a traditional sense and includes some religious verses.

My final review for the week was Impeccable Petunia  by Katie Christine with illustrations by Jonathan Edward the story of a hen and her owner. This was a lovely story with a nice feel good factor!

And if that wasn't enough I have been continuing with the huge task of adding my home library to Library Thing and catching up on a few of the genealogical type threads that I enjoy participating with.

I have also written a few posts again for Paris in July and they can be accessed HERE where I have been enjoying reading the recipes in the cookbook I featured last week Little Paris Kitchen by Rachel Khoo.

My current read is Turtle Island by Sergio Ghione about Ascension Island and the book ready for the local book group is Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut.

2 comments:

  1. Your books look tempting. Thanks for sharing, and enjoy your weekend.

    Here's MY SUNDAY SALON POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree your books do look tempting! I will have to add them to my wish list. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...