Monday 21 January 2013

100 Word Challenge - Week 74





Joining the weekly 100 words challenge for Grown ups. This week the prompt is to use the following prompt. Total word allowance - 104

…the extreme weather meant…

They were up early ready for their big trip. 

The car was packed apart from the last few bits to go in the final bag. As he drew back the bedroom curtains he was just starting to say that they should make the journey in good time, when he yelled out. 

Together they stood and looked at the piles and piles of snow. Looking at each other, neither admitting that they had not checked the forecast. Well the extreme weather meant a long and dangerous trip. In fact should they go at all?

Disappointed they went out to the garage to empty the car

Taking part in the 100 word Challenge for Grown Ups – Week #74

3 comments:

  1. That's sounds like our adventure on Sunday - Chris (my husband) decided that it wasn't going to matter and we'd risk going out anyway - well there were quite a few skids on the way from our house to the errands we needed to run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, poor them. You are really good at this. I want to try but I can't do another thing where I have to visit a lot of people. Sepia Saturday takes up all of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You could still take part, but don't submit the link, or do as I do. I visit 5 blogs & if I get chance I visit a few more. I am still doing the Sepia Saturday visits!

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...