I was really delighted to see that I had been nominated for the Blog of the Year 2012 Award by Pauline from Family History Across the Seas.
The biggest reward I get from writing the Anglers Rest blog is that people read my posts, comment, and subscribe and/or follow it.
The amount of team work and friendships that have evolved is wonderful and is a testament to the wonders of the Internet. If we didn't have the Internet, blogging as it stands would not exist and the friends we make and the projects we can involve ourselves in would be unknown to us. It has to be the most amazing invention of the 20th Century.
With those thoughts in mind. I am nominating the following bloggers for this award.
- Judy Webster, absolutely deserves this award. Judy's project of the Genealogists for Families Team is such an inspiration of sharing, kindness and team work.
- Allin at Australian Genealogical Journey's - I love Allin's motivational Monday posts and as I read them every week usually with a pen in hand to jot down any thoughts that come to me!
- Alona at Gould Genealogy & History News - Alona was the host behind the A-Z Family History Writing Challenge which ran last year. I still have a few draft posts to complete and then plan to post them.
- Frances of Rebel Hand - Frances posts are always full of interesting facts and is the author of Rebel Hand, Nicholas Delaney 1798
- Kristin, of Finding Eliza - For being such a supporter and commenter of Anglers Rest and for writing such fascinating and well researched posts.
1 Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2 Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3 Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4 Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5 You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6 As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…