Monday 14 January 2013

Family History Writing Challenge 2013

Well the news is just out, that The Armchair Genealogist is launching a repeat of the Family History Writing Challenge. Are you going to take part?

The link above gives the details for the challenge, including how to sign up. Personally I am signing up to 250 words a day, which means that I should get a minimum of 7,000 words for the month, although I usually achieve more.

I am planning to use the month to explore what I know and would like to know about certain ancestors. So I can build a set of 28 chapters for a project I want to explore. This is the third year I have taken part and the best advice I can offer any fellow genealogical blogger is to plan.

Family History Writing Challenge
Image courtsey of
The Armchair Genealogist
  To sign up click HERE

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, perhaps this could be combined with the 28 days of February collage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with this challenge Julie. This is really something I should do, I've been procrastinating about writing my Fullerton family history book. I think I might use this challenge to at least write out my story plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the challenge Julie! I signed up last year but didn't progress too far for whatever reason. What I really need to do is edit and follow up what I've already written.

    Great idea of Kristin's for someone who wants to do a family theme with their pics.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...