Wednesday 2 January 2013

Filofax - Part One

In the back of my filofax was a post that I had written last August with the intention of sharing. I didn't get around to it, so I decided to type it up with a few tweaks and share with you now.

I was in my early 20s when I bought my first Filofax from Army and Navy stores in Guildford High Street. I sadly still have the receipt which shows the price of £45. I remember thinking it was a lot of money several times before handing over the cash to the sales assistant.

I used that Filofax daily until I moved into my current home. Over time it filled up with various post it notes and other snippets and remained pretty much unused for around 15 years.

I bought my second Filofax from WHSmiths in Guildford and I used this exclusively for my locum work with the A-Z listings and then individual sections for regular bookings. That Filofax remained in tact for over 20 years and I only dismantled it last summer as part of my study clear up.

It was part of that clear up that made me wonder now, which a change of work direction looming if I should replace my notebook and diary with the Filofax doing the job of both.

I sat down with a stack of dividers and paper and pulled apart my original old faithful and set about structuring the Filofax, which enabled me to test the structure before perhaps purchasing a brand spanking new one.

The Structure
I opted for the following structure

  • Notes
  • Expenses
  • To Do
  • Personal
    • Blogging
    • Genealogy
    • Books
  • Work
    • Research
    • Regular income source
    • Regular income source (2)
  • Diary
My Concerns
  1. Should this be A5 or does that make it less portable?
  2. Dividers - Perhaps buy a new snazzy personal size and new dividers
  3. Storage of old Filofax papers
Stop by tomorrow to see how I got on and what I decided to do

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Filofax but I'm finding now I don't "work" I don't use them :(

    Xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...