Thursday 3 January 2013

Filofax - Part Two

All fired up and inspired I toddled off to WHSmiths and purchased a Day to a Page 2013 diary at the end of August. When it came home the diary inserts remained in the bag on my desk in the study.

I reflected on the rest of the structure and overall I liked it. Being right handed I do find that when I write on the left hand side of the pages I knock into the rings, but I think I will do this with a larger size Filofax too, so buying a larger one will not make that any different.

I used the temporary Filofax up until the middle of December when I decided to clear out the odd post it notes that had started to congregate on the pages. I went to add the page a day diary into the binder and found that it did not completely fit. Something had to go, either I worked with less sections or added the diary in to the bind in monthly instalments.

That was not an option as I often have dates in the diary months ahead, and need to refer to them. So I then looked at the sections. There was going to be amendments and I have to say that having made the decision I am happy with it.

Here is what it looks like now

  • Notes
  • Expenses
  • Personal
    • Blogging
    • Genealogy
    • Books
  • Work
    • Research
    • Regular Income Source 
    • Regular Income Source (2)
I have removed these sections - 
  1. To Do  - which I have placed in notes as I tend to go through these daily and if I need to do something urgently I can use a coloured post it note to flag it. 
  2. Diary section - I opted to return the Filofax inserts and purchase a rather nice A5 day to a page diary 

This does mean that I have to carry two things with me on certain days, but not every day. This method fits with my lifestyle and the only thing I need to do now is to source some personal size dividers which I can write on.

Old Filofax paper has been separated into years and placed in envelopes and stored in my study along with the last 30 years of notebooks and diaries.

2 comments:

  1. Hhmm, sounds complicated and busy. I would be interested in part 3 once the new year is well under way :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback. It sounds busier than it is and I guess that some sections could merge further rather than sub divide. Part three will follow in due course, I might try one at the end of month.

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...