Monday 25 March 2013

Library Loot - 25th March 2013

It was the book group meeting this afternoon to discuss the latest book which was The Help by Kathyrn Stockett. The feedback from the group was that it was well received on the whole, but someone thought it was working at a superficial level, someone else thought it was reasonably paced, another reader thought it was muddly. You will have to wait about a week or so until I get my review post scheduled.

Meanwhile a trip to the library means I never return empty handed, this time I returned home with just three books.

The next book group read is

Pigeon English by Stephen Kelman












And these two books caught my eye

My Father's Notebook by Kader AbdolahCream Puff Murder by Joanne Fluke

A quick flick through the Cream Puff Murder and I can see a reference to the Yum Yum coffee shop, who could resist that?



Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

1 comment:

  1. Only three!! And it's Easter long weekend too. I like the look of my father's note book.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...