Sunday 17 November 2013

Remembrance Day Photo Collage - Day Fourteen

This photograph was among some family photos that I acquired through the late cousin of my Grandfather, Ivy Sheffield. She had several of William Arthur West in South Africa during the Boer War, including one of him with another unknown and young soldier.

I know nothing of this young man, not his name, his regiment or from where he came from. It seems rather fitting to end this two week Remembrance event with an unknown soldier, representing the many men who died with no known grave.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...