Wednesday 26 March 2014

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Spent some time yesterday looking through a couple of boxes Mum had stored away. I was surprised & amazed to come across this ornament .

I was immediately cast back to age 6 or so. I went on a school trip. I was dispatched with about a pound note & lunch.

I spotted this ornament & bought it for Mum. I was so pleased to get back & give this to Mum I tripped getting off the coach & dropped the ornament. I remember sobbing & Mum giving me a hug, telling me it would be fixed & as good as new.

Almost 40 years later I came across the ornament still glued, after 3 house moves.

A really happy memory & acutely missing Mum.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet post Julie. I want to let you know that it's listed in today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2014/03/follow-friday-fab-finds-for-march-28.html

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glue and making sure it survived the move. Now that's a mother's love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, you never know what little thing will evoke wonderful memories. This one certainly highlights a mother's love!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...