Sunday 4 May 2014

Six degrees of Separation, a meme

Several of my blogging buddies are taking part in the meme called Six Degrees of Seperation hosted by Annabel Smith and Emma.

Letters Home: Correspondence 1950-1963 by…The way the meme works, which is based on the six degrees of separation theme is to start with the nominated book for the month, in this case The The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath and then link to five other books. You link how ever you see fit and I have put the rules to the meme at the bottom of this post.

The Bell Jar is familiar to me, yet I do not think I have ever read it, but it is now added to my library list. As I did so I noticed that I had another of Sylvia Plath book's on the list. Letters Home: Correspondence 1950-  1963.

Mrs. Sinclair's Suitcase by Louise…That in turn reminded me of a fiction and debut novel, Mrs Sinclair's Suitcase by Louise Walters. The story line is based on two entwining lives. A young girl who works in a book store who loves to read the notes and things found in books. The second character is her grandmother who changed the course of family history and experienced love. The timeframe works, firstly modern day and secondly set during the second world war. My review is still awaiting to be written, but I read this book in about two days.
Handwritten Recipes: A Bookseller's…

That in turn reminded me of Handwritten Recipes: A Book Sellers collection of Curious and wonderful recipes by Michael Popek. The author is a book seller who often comes across some fascinating finds in the books he sells. This is the second book Michael has written. 

Forgotten Bookmarks: A Bookseller's…In turn this reminds me of Michael's first book, Forgotten Bookmarks: A Book Seller's collection of odd things lost between the pages. That I received for Christmas a few years ago from my Mum. 

60 Postcards: The Inspirational Story of a…In turn I was then reminded of a recently published book by Rachel Chadwick, called 60 Postcards. I have read the book and absolutely loved it. My review is to follow.

Serendipity is a strange thing. I spotted this book just after I devised and planned the memorial project, The In Memory of Quilt in memory my late Mum.

And here are the guidelines if you want to play along- 

image
Next month the book to start off with is The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton on 7th June

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:04 am

    Hi Julie,

    Thanks so much for taking part in this meme! My website unexpectedly went down in the middle of the positing day, but my chain is up and running again here: http://www.emmajchapman.com/six-degrees-of-separation-the-bell-jarsylvia-plath/. Look forward to reading your post next month too! Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma, thanks for including the link to your site.I have now linked it here!

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...