Wednesday 10 September 2014

One Note >>>Evernote

Over the last year or so I have written about One-Note & Evernote several times.
I have openly stated that I loved One-Note. Well the love affair is ending. It started several months ago, when an upgrade occurred. Suddenly it no longer looked or felt as comfortable as it once did. I persevered because it might all work out. I had that deep sense of dread at the pit of my tummy as I realised that I was fooling myself. It was time to move on. 

Yesterday I had a serious computer issue and as a result I had to reinstall Office, which also meant my OneNote files. Having got myself all sorted out and organised I realised that OneNote looked different. Not all my notebooks show, and what does show is not in the right order.Even moving them into the correct order doesn't change the way it, or I feel.  All the material is there I think but for some reason it is different. 

I am irritated beyond belief.

Whereas, on the other hand Evernote was downloaded and as soon as I logged in, everything looked exactly as it had done. Really it's a no brainer isn't it?

So I guess I need to tidy up Evernote and start going through OneNote and transferring the material across. I am sure there is a export and import method, but this technological driven genealogist likes to do something's the old fashion way!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post - I have been a devoted OneNote user also for many years and advocated for OneNote - but - I have now rediscovered Evernote and am a total convert - like you i intend to send my OneNote files to Evernote - I have taken out a premium subscription and just love it

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...